Welcome to Sneeter
Build up your clout from nothing and become Sneeter Famous in this roguelike social media simulator we made in 72 hours for Ludum Dare 45!!
Sneeter.com has very refined tastes, and every run you need to find out what they are by Sneeting into the abyss. Do they like dogs? Do they like cats? The only way to find out is to Sneet about it. If you make a good Sneet, then you get clout. And if you make a bad Sneet, well…
You’ll just have to find out (actually though you just lose HP).
- Each runthrough, people will like and dislike different things. It's up to you to find out what based on the reactions you get and use that to increase your clout. If you Sneet something like "I like dogs" and it gets a positive reception, then you now know people like dogs and if you Sneet more good things about dogs, people will like those too. However if you then Sneet something like "I think dogs should be able to vote" and people dislike your Sneet, then you know that people really hate the concept voting - the idea of dogs, something they like, voting, something they hate, is abhorrent to them.
- Build Sneets by collecting templates and words to put into the templates, whether using ones you get for free in the mail, or using ones you steal from other peoples' Sneets.
- Attack determines how much clout you get, Defense determines how much damage you take when you make a bad Sneet, and HP determines how much HP you start with.
If you want your Twitter/Discord name to be in our game you can send it to us here and we'll add you after Ludum Dare is over!!
- If you die the UI freezes up and you can’t click anything. Though this is a proper recreation of what happens when you die it is not intentional.
- If you go to make a Sneet but don’t have the proper phrases/words to complete the Sneet, you’ll be stuck there forever.
- Sometimes you’ll make a Sneet so bad it kills you in one hit. You are not supposed to take that much damage at once.
Art, writing, and game design by
Fonts are from Chevy Ray’s Pixel fonts!
and a big thank you to everyone who donated their display names to us!!