THIS IS A SUPER EARLY BUILD!!! be warned.......... (imagine im saying this in a ghost voice) saving should be working but if you're using webgl i would test it out by making a few changes, saving, refreshing the page, and trying to load the save, cause if for some reason the saving doesnt work with your computer/browser i dont want you to do a ton of work only for it to not save properly!! windows and mac downloads are at the bottom of the page (you dont need to buy them you can just skip right to the download!!)
if youd like to support us and our continued efforts to make this even better, you can through the above link!! thank you so much to everyone for all the patience and the support so far!!!
since this is so fresh it might be broken/run badly for you, but i will do whatever i can to make sure as many people can run it so dont worry if its not working for you right now, i will do my best to fix it!!
we have a form you can fill out here for any problems/feedback you might have!! or you can just comment down below. would love to know of any performance issues, bugs, being able to do something you shouldn't be able to do, problems with saving/loading, and anything you think might just help make the planner better. you can also can find me on twitter here!! thanks again!!
- WASD/Arrow Keys - Move
- Left Mouse - Place object
- Right Mouse/Delete - Lower cliff/Remove object
- Middle Mouse/I - Eyedropper tool
- Scroll Wheel/Minus/Plus - Zoom
- R/F - Camera Angle (you can press them more than once!!)
- Q/E - Rotate Incline/Bridge
- G - Toggle Grid
- T - Toggle Greybox Mode
- H - Hide Controls/UI (you can press it more than once!!)
- M - Toggle minimap
- 1/2/3/4/5/6 - Change Mode
current known issues:
- performance issues!! if webgl is running real slow, you might need to download it (this only happens for some people, specifically sometimes with chrome)
- beaches and river mouths and such cant currently be properly set up, please use the big grid to properly line up your island!!
- bridges and inclines can be placed literally anywhere
- paths can be placed over water
- sometimes when selecting a building/structure the cursor goes underground??
- webgl killed my ambient occlusion so its kind of hard to see where cliffs start and end :(
- theres definitely more
- only god knows what will happen if you start messing with cliffs under an already placed building
not a complete list but right now my biggest priorities are:
- any big performance problems or bugs that pop up now that i have let this out into the world
- making some performance changes so i can let you guys zoom out alllll the way
- trees, and rocks!!
- select and move multiple tiles at once
- additional incline/bridge/fence types!!
- fixing up bridge/incline restrictions and any other in-game rules i might have missed (i trust your intuition to not make something impossible)
- letting you edit beach shape to at least some extent
- potentially letting you upload a picture and it generating a rough version of your island already prepared, this depends entirely on if i can get itchio to let me upload pictures and how well the in-game map reflects the island
- definitely more but its 3am and i cant think
frequently asked questions!
- are you planning on adding QR codes?
maybe further down the line!!
- are you planning on adding furniture?
nope!! theres way too many! i do have plans of letting you make a placeholder cube with a set size/color/floating text above it to act as stand ins for furniture (and for future buildings if for whatever reason i can't keep working on this when new buildings get added)
maybe??? i dont know if i can legally put something like this on an official developer account